Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Religious? Me?... no.

I have people saying to me a lot .. oh yeah your religious though right? or Are you religious? Before  I would just say yes so I didn't have to explain to them why I don't call it religious. Why would I not say I am religious when it comes to my relationship with Christ? First of all "religiously" or "religious" is to do something all of the time and to take it very seriously. At least thats what it means to me, So I do a lot of things "religiously"
  • School
  • Diving
  • Writing
  • Reading
We all do things that we take seriously and those things mean a lot to you but none of those things can compare to our relationship with God. When you have a good relationship with God it isn't a "religious" thing it is someting that is so much BIGGER then that. Nothing else seems to matter when you have a good relationship with God. No need to feel lonely because you always have God right the with you. You walk through life with not caring what other people think because you know that God loves you. Once you have that relationship things will start to fall into place with your life. Nothing else matters but to be close with Him. Having a non-stop relationship with God is not the same as being religious. When people say "Yeah I'm religious" I think .. "In what?" or "So you go to church". Going to church doesn't automatically make your relationship with God perfect. It is only one piece of a 1000 piece puzzle. So next time you want to tell someone you are saved by Christ and you completely believe in Him don't say you are religious tell them what it truly is a REALATIONSHIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment